1. Take a few deep breaths and relax.
2. Decide on a question or an intention for the divination
session before you draw a card (click
here for examples of effective questions and intentions).
3. Hold or shuffle cards, face down, with your question or
intention in mind.
4. Say the intention aloud or silently at least three times
before selecting a card.
5. Select a card that feels right to you.
6. After you select the card, turn it over and focus on the
image in front of you (putting thoughts of the question or
7. Notice what you see, hear, feel, or sense from the card
you have selected.
8. Now relate your impressions from step 7 to your original